Welcome to Congressman Mike Turner's Washington DC Vistor's Guide Resource Center. The center is designed to provide resources and information links for students, parents, teachers, and other visitors from the Tenth Congressional District of Ohio who are interested in visiting our nation's Capital. Please check this site periodically, as we will keep you updated on tours. Thank you for your interest as well as your understanding.
If you need any additional information or assistance, my office is located in Room 2239 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Please visit my office when you are in Washington, DC.
- Capitol Complex
- This is a clickable image map of the Capitol Complex
Capitol - Virtual Tour
- An interactive, user friendly, comprehensive and integrated multimedia tour of the U.S. Capitol.It includes panorama views and historical information about the rooms of the U.S. Capitol, as well as, information about the objects found in those rooms. This tour will leave you with the feel of an actual visit to the U.S. Capitol and serve to provide a unique "Capitol" experience.
- A listing of some of the more popular entertainment venues in the Washington, DC Metro area including Sport/Concert venues and theaters.
House & Senate Galleries
- Information on how to obtain House and Senate gallery passes to observe debate on the floor of Congress.
- Memorials & Monuments
- A listing of some of the more popular Memorials & Monuments in the Washington, DC Metro area.
- A listing of some of the more popular Museums in the Washington, DC Metro area.
- This site provides information on public transportation in the Washington DC Metro area, including Metro's trip planner (a feature that provides routes, time and cost of trips in the Washington metropolitan area); a Metrorail map which includes important station information (i.e.,location, fare information, elevator/ecscalator status and neighborhood maps); and Information on Metroaccess (an alternative transit services for disabled riders).
Other Places of Interest
- A listing of some of the other more popular places of interest in the Washington, DC Metro area including Aquariums, Parks, and Plantations/Historic Mansions.
Prohibited Items for Tourists
- A listing of some of the more common items prohbited by Security screening at federal buildings, monuments, and museums in the Washington, DC Metro area.
Tips on Touring DC
- Basic tips on how to have a safe and enjoyable visit to our nation's Capital.
- A listing of some of the more popular Tourist attractions in the Washington, DC Metro area.
Tours My Office Can Help Arrange
- A listing of tours my office can try to help you arrange as well as the guidelines for requesting congressional tours.
Information on airports and Metrorail (Subway) service in the Washington, DC Metro area.
Washington DC's Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Guide
- Monuments are only the tip of the iceberg: D.C. has diverse neighborhoods and cultural riches that rival any international city. The Washington DC's Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Guide will help you find out where to visit and keep your finger on the pulse of our active city.
- Washington, DC Convention Center
- The sparkling new 2.3 million square foot convention center is now open for business. Located in the heart of the nation's capital, it is steps from historic museums, great restaurants and wonderful attractions.