Commonly Asked Questions
- I lost my Medicare card. How do I get a new one?
- If you lose your card, contact your local Social Security office at 1-800-Medicare or visit the Medicare website immediately to get a new one.
- Please protect your Medicare card just as you would a credit card. Your Medicare card in the wrong hands can be used to submit fraudulent claims.
- Medicare Web Site
- Social Security Administration
- I recently moved to another state? How do I update my address with Medicare?
- To protect you and ensure your receipt of your benefits, please let your Social Security office know that your address has changed.
- The number for the Social Security Administration is 1-800-772-1213.
- Although I am able to walk, I have a difficult time walking long distances. Would Medicare allow payment for a wheelchair or Power Operated Vehicle (POV)?
- Medicare wheelchair and POV coverage guidelines indicate that in order to allow payment for a wheelchair, a person with Medicare must be bed or chair-confined without the use of a wheelchair.
- Furthermore in terms of POV all of the following criteria must be met:
- You require a wheelchair to maneuver in your home;
- You cannot operate a manual wheelchair;
- You can safely operate the controls of a POV;
- You can transfer safely to and from a POV and have adequate trunk stability to safely ride in a POV
- You need a prescription from your physician prior to purchasing the POV, and the physician and supplier must complete a Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN).
Social Security Administration Medicare Web Site
If you would like my help with a Medicare issue, please print out my Authorization Form and fax or mail it to my office. If you have any questions, feel free to call my office.