As your representative in Congress, I have the responsibility to help make government agencies better serve you and your neighbors. Whether aiding residents of Ohio’s Third Congressional District in addressing a personal case with a federal agency, or providing assistance in obtaining a federal grant, my office can help you find the answers you’re looking for. Caseworkers in my office are here to advocate on your behalf, to find answers and provide solutions to your federal agency questions.

My office can help you to apply for Social Security benefits for retirement, survivors, and those who are disabled; learn how to comply with requirements, especially those placed on businesses; obtain your earnings statement, and more. Information on these topics, as well as forms and publications explaining benefits to you, is available on the Social Security Administration website,; through its toll-free phone number at 1-800-772-1213

Our veterans deserve our gratitude and respect. That includes ensuring the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is responsive to the needs of all veterans, especially those who are disabled or who need special care as a result of injuries sustained in the line of duty. Much information on VA forms and benefits can be found at or by calling 1-800-827-1000, or by contacting one of the caseworkers in my office.

Constituents seeking advisories regarding travel overseas, passport and visa requirements, foreign and international embassy and consulate contact information, and student travel recommendations can find it via the Department of State website at In addition, my office can help expedite passport processing if you are in need of a new or renewed passport faster than the standard processing time.

If you are having trouble obtaining information or a response from the International Revenue Service (IRS), we can contact the agency on your behalf regarding tax refunds, individual tax information, business tax information, changes in laws, and more. A great deal of general information is also available on the IRS website,, or via its toll-free phone number, 1-800-829-1040.

Residents seeking information on unemployment insurance, wages, services in the State of Ohio, employment law advice, and extension of health care insurance can find it through the Department of Labor’s website, The Department’s toll-free phone number is 1-866-4-USA-DOL. We can also request a review of cases relating to these matters.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services provides immigration forms, information on laws and regulations, field office location information, how to obtain “green cards” and visas, requirements for obtaining a permit for working in the US, adopting from overseas, and more. Most of that information can be found at The toll-free phone number for the agency is 1-800-375-5283. While my office cannot expedite or influence the outcome of immigration cases, we can help ensure residents receive a response to inquiries in a timely way.

If you’re looking to stay up to date with Congress, the Library of Congress houses information on past and current legislation, U.S. History and maintains research centers around the country. Most information can be found at, as can links to the Senate,, and the House of Representatives,, websites. Here, you can find information on individual Representatives, the districts they represent, find information on debates, bills and amendments, the voting schedule and what is currently being debated on the House and Senate floors.

The U.S. Small Business Administration website,, is an information resource for small businesses, small business owners and prospective business owners. Here, you can locate information on applying for business grants, plan your business, take free online courses, and obtain information and assistance on financing a start-up business.

Finally, the United States Government Official Website offers information on federal employee benefits and grants, as well as information about the federal government as a whole, at

As always, I hope you will never hesitate to contact my office with any inquiry you may have that can help us serve you better. My Dayton office is located at 120 Third Street, Suite 305, Dayton, Ohio, 45402; you can call us at 937-225-2843 or fax us at 937-225-2752. My Wilmington office is located at 61 East Main Street, Suite One, Wilmington, Ohio, 45177; you can call us at 937-383-8931 or fax us at 937/383-8910.