If you need any additional information or assistance, my office is located in Room 2368 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Please visit my office when you are in Washington, DC.
- House and Senate Galleries
- Passes to the House and Senate galleries to observe debate on the floor of Congress can be obtained from my Washington office in 2368 Rayburn House Office Building. Children must be at least six years of age to be admitted to the Senate gallery. In the House, children under 10 are allowed in the gallery if accompanied by an adult. Both galleries are open between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, but may open earlier, depending on when the House and Senate are in session.
- Cafeterias are located in the Dirksen Senate Building directly north of the Capitol, the Rayburn and Longworth House Office Building directly south of the Capitol, and the James Madison Memorial Annex to the Library of Congress. The Madison Cafeteria is open to the public during all hours of business, while the other cafeterias are open to the public from 8:00 AM to 11:45 AM and from 1:15 to 2:30 pm.
- Parking is very limited in Washington, DC. Taxis, buses, and the Metrorail subway are available every day for transportation to and from Capitol Hill. Visitors are encouraged to use the Metrorail system. For additional information, please contact Metro information at (202) 637-7000.
- Additional Information
- There is no admission charge for most of the monuments and museums, but come prepared for a lot of walking. Parking in Washington is very limited. Taxis, buses, and the MetroRail subway are available every day for transportation to Capitol Hill and the various attractions. The Metro is a safe and affordable way to get around town. The closest Metro stop to the U.S. Capitol is Capitol South.