The Department of Labor oversees many important laws that affect our everyday lives. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with this agency:
- How can I get information about federal laws involving overtime, work hours, and other employment issues?
- The Fair Labor Standards Act regulates many aspect of how employees are paid in this country.
- Read the Department of Labor's "Handy Reference Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act"
- How do I take advantage of the Family and Medical Leave Act?
There are many misconceptions about the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993. For example, in most cases you need to talk to your employer about it before you take time off. Also, the law affects all public employers, but only private employers who have 50 or more employees.
- Read the Department of Labor's FMLA Fact Sheet
- Department of Labor
If you would like to request my help with an issue involving the Department of Labor, print out the Authorization Form and fax it to my office. If you have question or comments about a Labor issue, feel free to contact my office.